Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring in my step

How much do I love Spring. I love it everywhere. In AZ I love it, UT I love it, and CA I love it. It is just the best time of year I really do think. Everything is blossoming and coming to life and I love the self rejuventation that comes with this time of year. It is getting close to beach days, granted we do beach days all year but summer beach days you can't really stay covered up the whole time, so getting back in shape is for sure on my mind more so than other times of year. I love having the cool breeze with the warm sun and feeling so ALIVE. It just has such a great energy about it don't you think?

Luckily I found my camera just in time to capture this beautiful time of year.


Easter Sunday after a yummy brunch at Nate and Rachel's.

Easter Sunday we headed to Salt Creek after brunch to relax on the grass. We fell asleep for an hour or so and just enjoyed the most beautiful day, I love being able to head down to the OC and just chill.


Aar checking the view over the sandstone rock we hiked too. It is a good straight shot down from up there.

The view from our hike in Malibu, Easter weekend. Really though Southern California is beautiful. I know I could say this about so many places, which is such a great outlook on life. But really for all those non believers of So Cal I promise I could make you a LOVER real fast.


Aar and I in Manhattan beach. We did some mega treasure hunting that day and I came home with a handful of beautiful shells and full sand dollars. I love a beach where I can find great treasures.


The last couple weeks have been pretty good to us. I of course missed my fam on Easter as I am just such a home body and holidays feel so different without all of us together, but really I am the luckiest sister, daughter and aunt in the world because I really do get to see my family an incredible amount, it is just I want to see them ALL the time!!! It is a good thing I love them all so much. Aaron and I have been enjoying the outdoors and have been thinking of different activities to do in the area. We are both working like crazy which puts even more pressure on us to have fun and relaxing weekends together. Oh yes I even sewed a sock monkey this last week with my twin Kristin, I work with her and she basically rocks. I was pretty impressed. I will have to get a pic up on here for you all to see. This was a big thing for me being that I do not sew really and don't own a sewing machine. Thanks to the help of friends I have been able to make a few projects and I think the time has come so I will be telling my mom I am serious about sewing now so hopefully she will help me find a good machine.

3 comments:

  1. Cute pics. i am glad you are taking advantage of living in such a gorgeous place. so many people live there and go months without hitting the beach... a true travesty.
    Looks like we will be seeing you next month:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to see this sock monkey! Good for you! Sounds like you guys had a great Easter weekend! Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics. Your weekend looks PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete