Friday, April 16, 2010

BDE (best day ever, the acronym is for you Ash)

This last week I spent a day at Disneyland with some of my most favorite people in the world AKA my family. It was such a treat to be at Disneyland with my siblings. It had been years probably a decade since I went with both of my siblings there and it was so much fun reliving my childhood. Of course our family has grown since me, Jer and Matt were kiddos and now includes my sister in law KT (whom I love dearly and am so blessed to have such a close relationship with), Liam, George and Aaron. While Aaron could not join us for the fun day the rest of the crew was there. I can't tell you how cool it was to be there as a group and to watch the pure joy that Liam had. He might just be, actually IS, the coolest 3 1/2 year old in the world. He went on all the rides, yup Splash, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and of course all the other kiddo rides Small World, Peter Pan, Snow White, Roger Rabbit, Nemo etc. The day I was there with them I think Liam did Space and Thunder 5 times. It was not hot or cold and the lines were almost non existent. They went for another two days in which he did the rides over and over again and again. George was so content sitting on the rides watching everything around him. It was just pure bliss. It made me start to wonder if I will get the year pass when we have kids or not. Liam was just in pure joy as this was his first time and it made me think about how when I take my kids I want them to just L O V E it and not think it is a normal day at the park. Who knows though, maybe it always has its magic no matter how many times you go. All I know is I loved every minutes of it. It was a blast!!!

Here we are after the CREEPY house, as Liam would call it. He was so cute when we were on the ride and inside he would say "it's not scary Krissy." I have to admit he was using some really good self talk, the kind I teach kids about everyday. I am so thankful for my family. All growing up I thought how badly I wanted a sister but as I have gotten older I could not imagine my life any different. I have the 2 best brothers in the world I love how close we are. When I tell people that I don't have sisters often they say that they are sorry for me. But really my brothers are the best and we are as close as you could be to your siblings. I never feel left out being the only girl. They are so good to me. I have the most amazing sister in law who is so caring and loving and is as much a part of the family as a sister would be. Then of course I have the 2 cutest nephews ever. Let's not forget my parents whom I love dearly and I still miss like crazy even though I am an adult (I am visiting them in 2 weeks). Aar Bear isn't too bad either and fits right in.

So happy I had this day with my family this week. It was just what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely the BDE. And I totally agree with you about feeling so lucky to have your brothers. I really didn't feel like I missed out without a sister.

    ReplyDelete