Friday, September 30, 2011

FHE ideas

What do you like to do for Family Home Evening?

After listening to Uchtdorf's talk from RS broadcast last week I started to think about all the simple and easy things we can do as a family for our Family Home Evening activities.

Aaron and I usually are all for keeping things low key and we like to remember the whole purpose of FHE...to be with your family and to strengthen your love for each other and the gospel. I feel like sometimes Aaron and I can be anti social, not really anti social, but more into hanging as a family than with others. We love being together after he has been gone all day/week at work. In any given week we are known to go on at least 5 strolls together whether it be at the beach, the harbor, on trails, etc. We find a lot of joy in being together outside with our family. However am up for new ideas of activities to do for our FHE.

This last week we met up with a few couples and just hung out at the beach for sunset for our FHE and it was perfect. I always enjoy a good time with people who share similar values and beliefs as I do. I feel like it strengthens my testimony even more.

I am thinking cooking may be a new thing I consider FHE as Aaron and I both love to be in the kitchen and we have fun when we are doing it. As Viv gets older we can all do it together and make a special yummy treat.

Hmmmmm any other ideas. What do you like to do for FHE?

1 comment:

  1. When Vivian gets a little older, get a nursery manual and use that. We often do that for the kids because it's an easy lesson that's planned for you and it lasts as long as their attention (about 5 minutes).

    ReplyDelete