Monday, October 17, 2011

10 fingers ... the simple Joys


Thought it would be good to start the week off right by listing 10 simple joys in my life in honor of Vivian's hands finding each other last week. A simple, yet AMAZING, thing for a baby to discover. She often will fall asleep holding her hands or rubbing them together. It is so stinkin sweet!!!

10 Simple Joys in no particular order

1. Coconut Milk products
In my quest to be off dairy, soy, nuts, wheat, eggs, caffeine and chocolate I am DYING for food. Coconut milk is helping it not be so hard. Don't be fooled it is TOUGH, have you ever noticed how much soy is in all that we eat? Anyway coconut milk and coconut milk ice cream is amazing and starts my day off right with an awesome coconut milk and fruit smoothie and ends my day right with a few spoonfuls of ice cream. It is no secret how much I LOVE good food and this diet restriction for my lil one is killing me!!!

2. Having the blessing and opportunity to be home with Vivian
While not what I would totally classify as "simple" it is a joy that I can't stop being happy about. If I were working my maternity leave would be over and I would be returning to work and leaving my lil one. While I can't wait to get back to work at the right time I am so extremely happy to have the opportunity to be home with her everyday. It is a tough job of course that is demanding and tiring some days, but is AMAZING in everyway. I know my girl as good as one can know anything and it is so gratifying to know that I can be with her and that Aaron has been blessed with a job that can take care of our family without stressing me to get back to work and bring home some bacon.

3. Hearing Vivian breathe
I love when I can hear her heavy breathing in her sleep. It is so sweet and assures me she is off in dreamland peacefully.

4. Getting ready ready.
Like a shave, hair done, make up and all!!! Feels so great...a bubble bath is not too bad either.

5. Pull through parking spot
This one never gets old and we love when we get one. We always think of gpa Steenblik as he liked pull through parking spots too.

6. People ooing and awing at Vivian
This one I am betting will never get old. I love it!!! Our neighbor at least once a day totally oos at her when we are outside and is so cute. All the girls in Young Women's love her too. They come up to her and smile at her and just get so excited to see her and of course say how cute she is, which they aren't lying.

7. Instagram
New favorite obsession. I like way more than facebook and blogging. I really am a visual person so it is perfect for me and I love to see the adventures of others!!! Not on it? Get on it NOW. Then of course tell me so I can follow you.

8. Serving in our church
Not that this would surprise anyone but really I love serving in the church. I love being a part of ward, integrated and all. I love working with others and being busy. I have always found serving in the church is so great. While it can easily feel sometimes like an obligation I have found when we look at it as an opportunity and a joy our attitude changes dramatically. It is so great to be back in Young Women's, while of course I wouldn't say no to any calling, YW is my most favorite. I also feel that when we serve in the church our connections to our ward family increase and it really becomes a genuine family of people who you care for and who in return care for you.

9. Netflix
I love jumping in bed when Vivian is asleep and turning on our computer and getting our show (FNL right now) cued and cuddling and watching it together. I am now understanding why people get into shows when they have a baby...if baby goes to bed around 8 then that leaves a few hours in the evening to play at home.

10. Foggy mornings and nights
I love when the marine fog rolls in. It is so cozy and comfy. It makes me so happy. I love taking Viv on a walk when it is foggy. We snuggle our bodies so close in the Ergo Baby (that could be a post of itself, don't have it get it, it will change your world with a kiddo) and just stroll to the beach, along the beach or harbor and it is the best!

Happy Monday and don't forget to recognize your joys!!!

1 comment:

  1. i agree with all those joys! and i love all coconut-related foods. obsessed with them actually. what's with the "diet restrictions" though? and i AM on instagram. what's your username? mine is ljnelson.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete