Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wise words


Every night after bath time Vivian gets her last feeding before sleep. While we do this we always listen to primary songs with the lights down low. It is our bedtime routine. Aaron comes in and the family is together getting ready for bed. We like to set the stage for a calm and peaceful night. Every night I sing along to the hymns. I got to thinking...surely Vivian has got a good chance in this world when from the very beginning of her life she hears these words.

My life is a gift
My life is a plan
My life has a purpose
In heaven it began

One of my most favorite things about the LDS church is the programming it has for children and youth. I can't imagine raising Vivian without it. As I served in YW I realized this much more and now that I am caring for our lil Viv I am personally so thankful for the church and the messages it teaches to children. Wouldn't every parent want their kid to hear the above lyrics and sing them as they get older?

With all the negative messages that are out in the world and all the issues I have seen and dealt with with teenage girls I can't think of better words for a child to hear. We all want to feel as if we are MEANT to be here, that we matter, that there is PLAN for us and that we have PURPOSE in the world. I think I may have to get these words done on a print and hang in her room. What a great motto.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love that fabric on her blanket. I have made aprons, dresses, and skirts with that fabric. I am a little obsessed. Second, that is such a GREAT thing to be starting with your baby. If you start doing things like that now, you will never forget and it will always be a habit. Don't ever let things get in the way of you teaching her about the gospel. It is so important to make your home a safe and spiritual place for your family and you are already doing that. You figured it out so quickly. You are such a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete