Sunday, August 14, 2011

Formal Introduction

I am sorry it has taken me so long to introduce myself to the world

I am VIVIAN MURRAY and I am already over a month old. How is that possible you might ask that I took so long to introduce myself to you? I have been busy. Busy eating, sleeping, playing and pooping.

At 1 month here is a little bit about me
  • Love to track black/white toys and books, and now loving my color books too
  • Respond to voices of my mom and dad
  • Stare at Bear and Bella (go figure they are black and white so no wonder I like them so much)
  • I squeeze hands, can hit faces, hold toys in my hands, and can lift my head all the way up and turn to other side when doing tummy time, which I super love.
  • I go on lots and lots of walks to the beach. You see I live right at a trail that heads to the beach so my mom, bear and I make it down there usually once a day and I watch in jealousy the junior lifeguard training just dying for the day to do that too with the big girls.
  • I am liking my voice and love to make sounds of all sorts that are pretty darn pleasant and appealing to my mom and dad
  • I don't really cry, unless you haven't gotten food to me yet. Sometimes you will hear me let out a lil squeal right before I fall asleep and then I am out cold. It is me just trying to say "don't have too much fun without me guys." I am like my mom that way, she never likes to miss the fun.
  • I wake up with cat stretches and potato bug rolls along with moans.
  • I purr in my sleep and my mom and dad think it is the darn near cutest thing in the world
  • Lots of people stare at me, ooh and ahh at me and I can see why.
  • I have been to church already and it was a major success which is good cause my mom was a bit worried about going to a new ward with a new baby. She had dreamt about taking me to church for the first time in LA so I took it easy on her and made sure I was as pleasant as can be so she didn't feel sad.
  • I love baths
  • I go to bed around 9-10 and wake up just one time in the night to feed then head off to dreamland for a few more hours until around 8 am.
  • 2 hours is my max currently for staying awake until I need a nap, I know I am a lightweight
  • I have taken a few naps in my crib outside my parents room and I am feeling ready to move on up and out, however my mom is feeling otherwise, she can be a bit sentimental so makes it hard for her to have me leave her side.

Me and my dad, who sadly got the shingles (I think my arrival along with moving and starting a new job created a tad bit of stress), I don't know why I had anything to do with it because I am the chillest baby you have ever met.

Just chilling on my dad's surfboard trying to get as comfortable as possibly so when the day comes that I get out there with my dad I can pop up right away.

Just waking up from a nap in my crib. For some reason everytime I wake up I wake up to my mom and dad watching over me and laughing. I guess they think I wake up cute.

5 weeks old and heading to church for the first time.

Getting ready to walk out the door to church. And YES we were on time. Mom and dad have been pretty good so far at not letting me make them late, we will see how long that lasts though, I may have some tricks up my sleeve that I may use in the future to turn them in to the late people.

Love holding my mom and dad's fingers.

Here I am with my partner in crime BEAR. For 9 months my mom and him would walk everyday and chat about what it would be like to walk with me and
hear I am finally joining them.

Salt Creek Beach the ending spot of our daily walks. I actually was awake for a little while this time as usually I fall asleep before we get to the beach which makes my mom sad, but this night I managed to be up for awhile and soak in the ocean breeze.



1 comment:

  1. So precious!! I love this post. It was so good catching up with you last week. We sure miss you guys!! Viv is precious!! Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete