Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dream's Weekend

The view at the ring ceremony.

I just got back from a great weekend in SLC. It was fast and quick and over way sooner than I wanted, but nonetheless fabulous. I went to SLC to celebrate and be part of Aimee's wedding. The weekend started with a visit to Hires, what visit to SLC is complete without that? I made a stop off at my hair lady in SLC whom I love so much and love her pampering. I did lots of building, playing, reading with my lil buds Liam and George.

This lil Georgie would just walk right over to me and climb on top of me. He goes around hugging Liam all the time and blowing kisses. Pretty much the sweetest lil dude ever.

Liam and I had a great time playing around. The best is when he just out of nowhere said
"I just love having you here." Too cute.

The ceremony was at the SLC Temple Friday morning and although there was a crazy accident on the freeway that got in the way of people being on time, they held the ceremony so not one person missed the special occasion. It was the most beautiful day with clouds hovering with sun peaking through. After the ceremony we were off to Midway for the ring ceremony and the wedding dinner at Aimee's dads home. We spent the afternoon and evening celebrating and had just a blast. I loved being able to hang out with so many friends I don't see nearly enough. Saturday was the reception at the Wetzel's home (grooms family) and it just could not have been more perfect. Taylor and Aimee just happen to be the cutest couple ever and it was so amazing to see them so happy together.



I also got to spend lots of time with Ash and meet lil Taylor Beck. It was so funny to be getting ready at the Peterson's home as it was a flashback to when Ash and I were getting ready there for her own wedding. It was wild to be talking with Ash and Clay about their upcoming adventure back East. Aaron and I are so excited for them and can't wait to get out there to visit them. Even though we already live away from them I was emotional about them moving. Crazy to think Aaron and I were in a similar spot 2 years ago.

Little Taylor Elisabeth Beck, I could just hold her all day long.


Overall the weekend was a blast. I missed having my best friend Aar with me, as he was out of town for work. I loved celebrating an eternal marriage and reflecting on the importance and sacredness of such a union. Attending a temple wedding is one of my most favorite things to do. Being that I was one of the first in my group of friends to get married I have had the opportunity to witness many of my dear friends join in the greatest blessing.

3 comments:

  1. Kirst you look so gorgeous! I love your long hair and I love the dress your wearing at the temple. I cannot believe Ash just had a baby, she is tiny! Love ya. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that weekend and wish that I had had more time to just enjoy it instead of thinking about packing in the back of my mind!! Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. twas a day to remember;)

    fun to see you.

    ReplyDelete