Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lately in LA

While work is crazy nutso for Aaron and I we try to fit in as much fun as possible. I must say we do a pretty great job living a fun life together. The last couple of weeks have been filled with excitement.

Two weeks ago we celebrated Jeremy's 30th BDAY with a BBQ at his place with friends. But the real celebration took placed 13, 000 feet in the air when he, Aaron and his friend Jake went skydiving to ring in the 30th year. Aar and Jer have been talking about this one for a long time and it finally happened. I need the pic from Jer of the guys before the jump, but here is Aar's certificate he got. I swear I felt like I could not breath all morning while they were doing it and now I am crazy jealous I did not join in on the fun!


There is doubt we have been having a great time cheering on the Suns the last couple of weeks too. So much fun to cheer on your home team and I love cheering against the Spurs any chance I get. Now I get to cheer against the Lakers which is even better!!! While some may think they don't want to cheer on the Suns due to their political position on the illegal immigration law in AZ, I say even more of a reason to cheer them on. I get there is an issue and something needs to be done but come on AZ, so embarrassing to see how they are dealing with things right now. I guess what can you expect though from a state that did not want to celebrate MLK day. I am still holding out faith though that my home state will come around. In the meantime though I will stay distracted by the SUNS and keep cheering them on. Did you see Nash's Eye????? Gnarly, rest up Nash we need you and you deserve this. This next round is gonna be tough but I will be right there cheering them on.

Lucky for us Mand and Mase had tix to Chicago at the Pantages in LA that they wanted to sell off so I jumped right on the opportunity. I had been dying to see this forever and it just worked out perfectly. Aar and I went closing night and enjoyed the most EXCELLENT seats dead center. I love a good broadway show. I swear from the start of the show all the way to the end I had a smile on my face. I have always loved the music and the dancing of Chicago and the Fosse Era and I was just in Heaven!!! Thanks Waites.


We have also enjoyed some much needed time at the Beach with great friends. I swear to all those southern cali friends of ours, Saturday was the most perfect beach day. We headed down to Trestles in San Clemente for Aar to take out his new short board. Mand and I chatted the day away while our boys surfed away. It was lightly breezy with a mild sun...the most perfect temp for a long beach day. Of course we ended the day with food from the Argentine market we love down in the OC.

Now it is Sunday night and our work week is approaching...always sooner than we would like. But on to the next couple of weeks with again some fun activities to look forward. The biggest one of course being the wedding my DREAM. Can't wait to get to UT and celebrate!!!

On another note I am pretty much freaking out with excitement that in about 4 months I will be completely done with all my LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Work) hours for the state of California and will therefore soon be Licensed in CA. This is what I have been working so hard for since undergrad and I am so excited that I am almost all the way there.

Here's to another week in LA and living life.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen! So happy I found your blog!!! Sound like you guys had fun with Mase & Amanda, I'm so sad that I didn't get down to the beach this weekend! Congrats on almost being done with your LCSW, that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooooved this weekend! So much fun! Thanks for being the best beach buddy ever! I'm so glad Chicago was wonderful!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey when Darren is done with school we definitely need to get together! How are things going?? So glad you were able to do some fun things! I am jealous1

    ReplyDelete