Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer is off to a good start

My most favorite view at the Montage in Laguna Beach

The last two weeks we have been already starting to get into the summer mode. Over Memorial Day weekend we stayed down in the OC for 3 nights with Rach and Nate and Amanda and Mason. We were so happy to have our family and friends put up with us and our 2 dogs. We enjoyed lots of time at the beach, movies, eating yummy food of course, and just hanging out. It was a mini staycation for us and it was brilliant! Easy, cheap and fun.

Luke is giving GRIZZLIES these days, best hugs ever!

Jeremy, Aaron and Mason doing their HALOTHON

Mand and I at the Montage, and she is 5 months preggers still looking as good as ever.

This last weekend we were hosting our dinner group up here in LA. It turned out to be a great day at the park. We did an Argentine theme and I made dozens of empanadas, 4 dozen to be exact. I then made a chocolate cake with dulce de leche buttercream, I wanted to bathe in the frosting it was so yummy. After playing in the park and chatting up with our bunch we headed off to the Dodgers game with the Waite crew.


The dinner group crew enjoying a night at the park

Mase, Mand, me and Aar enjoying an all American summer evening LA style.


I am so happy summer is here. Even though I don't get off work, no long summer break like when in school, there is just something about knowing that summer is here that makes me happy. I really can't believe it is JUNE...where does the time go? I feel like I will be planning for the holidays in no time.

3 comments:

  1. Soooooo fun! I wanted to bathe in your frosting too. That cake (and empenadas) was scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best frosting EVER!!! I miss Stella already, especially her on my lap. Thanks so much for being an excellent host. Can't wait to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer really is the best. Umm...must get the recipe for your frosting. Craving something sweet right now!! Miss you bunches. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete