Saturday, June 6, 2009

Where do I begin?

Where to start?

Big news is that we made the move from Laguna to LA. Last Friday and Saturday we had our friends and family help us out with the move and as a result of their help the move was a success. You might be wondering how we are liking the new digs. Well the answer is we are liking them lots. While our view from our bedroom is no longer the beach (I do miss that) the area is great. We live on the edge of Century City and Beverly Hills, actual city on our address is Los Angeles. The neighborhood reminds us of one of our favorite places, Sugarhouse. We take the dogs on at least one walk a day around such a cute neighborhood with adorable homes. I have heard so many people ask before "what will you do when you have kids, you don't want to raise your kids in LA do you?" Well my answer is of course I would. If you saw the area I am sure you would too. I think when people hear LA they have a totally different idea in mind. We are loving the neighborhood and have already found some excellent hole in the wall eateries (which if you know us know that that is of upmost importance to us). The area has charm what can I say. We really do love it. Oh and of course it is nice to see Jer often. We could walk to his house, no lie, it is probably better for us to walk than drive because of parking. He is just one block away from us so we have enjoyed being near him.

I am loving my new job. It is pretty wild and intense but it is great and I am enjoying being back at what I am so passionate about. The kids I work with are so great and I am impressed with their resiliency everyday. So many of them live in such difficult circumstances. Many can't even go outside to run around or take a break when upset due to their neighborhood being too dangerous and scary. 21 out of my 24 clients do not have a father involved in their life. Many live in a 1 bedroom house, trailor, or are renting 1 bedroom, which they share with at least 3 other people. Of course those are the censored issues they are dealing with. I know many do not want to hear about the uncensored aspects of their life. I love my job. I love seeing these kids every week and giving them 1 hour a week that they can look forward to.

We are looking forward to a vacation to SLC over the 4th of July. I am so excited to go fly fishing and be in the beautiful mountains of Utah. While I do love being near the beach I do miss the mountains a lot. Not the snow, but the mountains. They are so beautiful especially in the Spring and I have been craving to visit lately. It will be so great to go to Utah and spend time with my liam liam liam, lil georgie and of course their parents. Aaron and I have not been back to Utah together since we moved out here a year ago so it will be great to enjoy a place we love and miss and see our families.

I am thinking about starting the Bar Method work out this next week. Anybody tried it? I am excited to try something new and check what it is all about. The Bikram closest to my house I do not like as it is the big headquarters and it is not a nice studio. So I figured I will try the
Bar Method for awhile.

We saw the movie Up the other night. Yes on a weeknight, I do not remember the last time I saw a movie in the middle of the week. We saw it in 3-D. If you have not seen this movie yet, stop reading my post and go see it now. I loved it and thought it was brilliant.

This last week I also was reminded about how much I love my family and how important they are to me. I love how caring my family is. We are so willing to do whatever it takes to be there for each other and to help one another out and I love that about us. I am so thankful for a sis in law who is more like a sister to me and who makes such an effort to continue to have me be a part of my nephews life. There are few things that make me more happy than talking to Liam or hearing him sing. My brothers are fabulous and are so supportive, I really think I lucked out in life to have such awesome brothers. And my parents, where would I be in life without them. I love them so much and am truly grateful for all they do for our family. Did I mention they may be heading out here next weeked? I hope they do.

Stomach flu. What else do I need to say about that. Sucks. I had been feeling sick starting Wed of this last week. Not feeling like I want to eat and just feeling weird. Thought I was just stressed so I did not think too much of it. Then on Friday it hit me and I spent about 12 hours running to the bathroom and then finally deciding maybe I should just lay there. It had been 6 years since I threw up last and I gotta say I did not miss it. So here I am on a Saturday afternoon, was planning on going to Santa Monica to run the stairs, laying in bed. Luckily I got my two kiddos laying right next to me. Aaron is at traffic school, I don't know which is worse throwing up or sitting in traffic school.

3 comments:

  1. I am super glad you're back in the blogging world after the big move and your new job. And I sure hope you're getting better with your dumb sickness. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad you guys are getting settled. We can't wait to come up and explore with you. Where are the pics of your new place?!?!?

    ReplyDelete