Saturday, April 25, 2009

Disneyland Celebration

Aaron wanted to do something fun to celebrate me getting my new job. So on Friday this week we headed off to Disneyland. This was our first time going since we moved here, Aaron's first time back since he was 8, and my first time back since I was a teenager. We super lucked out as the crowds were not crazy. We did Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Finding Nemo Submarine, It's a Small World, Peter Pan, and the Jungle Cruise. The longest we waited in line was for the Nemo Submarine and that was 30 minutes. Everything else we either walked right on or waited for 15 minutes. We walked around Disneyland and enjoyed lots of snacks: churro (a classic favorite), popcorn (crazy good), turket leg (won't get again), chocolate, and diet coke. Would you think we are crazy that we also stood in line to go get a picture with Mickey?

Check out the darkness of my jeans above and the darkness of my jacket compared to the picture below. That kinda helps show how wet I got on Splash Mountain.


Some notes about the day
-I must say that they did a great job re doing It's a Small World, it is just so cute.
-You do get wet on Splash Mountain, yes even though the people before us were completely dry Aaron and I got soaked, the water came over my head at one point and covered me from head to toe, I took all day to dry, no lie.
-The Nemo submarine I thought was also pretty cute. I still can't figure out where all you go when you are underthere, as it is pretty long.
-I want to learn how they do all the holigraphs, it is crazy how it works
-I do still get motion sick even if I take dramamine in preparation for the day
-I can't stand kids or parents who are not acting like it is the Happiest Place on Earth. I think it should be a rule that if you are at Disneyland you can't be in a bad mood
-You should always wait the extra 30 seconds to get the front seat on the rides
-Disneyland is an excellent location to people watch

2 comments: