Tuesday, October 25, 2011

8 year celebration

Aaron and I love to celebrate things, ok maybe I love to celebrate things and Aaron has since adopted my way of things. We love any excuse to celebrate, our wedding anniversary is no different. We have tried to celebrate by going to San Francisco. It is I think one of my most favorite family traditions. Last year we went to Hawaii, so I guess I am open for new places, however there is something about going to San Fran that is just the best. I think I am going to have to insist that we continue this tradition!!! We hit up all our favorite places and revisit memories, make new ones and even go to new places. This year was the best because it was just like old times except for this time we had Vivian.

We drove there, left at 4 am Thursday. Vivian was amazing and didn't wake up until 8 (just like clockwork that little one I tell you what). So we fed her and let her stretch her legs a bit at an amazingly classy rest stop (ok that is an overstatement, is there such thing as a classy rest stop? This one was even offering massages, I will let your imagination finish the rest it offered.) We then stopped in Lafayette on the way in to hit up Bo's BBQ. Aaron's most favorite. It did not disappoint at all. We even got a special visit from Bo himself and he gave Aaron one of his nicest cigars to celebrate our little Viv (don't worry it was soon after thrown away without Bo knowing, couldn't really say no to Bo.)




We then got back on the road and made it to SF just in time to miss a 4.1 earthquake...we were in the car at the time so we didn't even feel it, probably driving down Lombard street at that moment. We got unpacked and then made our way to the Ferry Building. The best place ever. Even when it is not the farmers market it is the best. There are little shops of FOOD...ALL FOOD. So amazing.




That night we turned in early to get ready for our big weekend.

Friday we got up and headed to IKE'S to pick up our sandwiches...one word AMAZING!!! Then kept on our way to head down to Half Moon Bay. We went to Farmer John's Pumpkin Patch and it was super cute. A real farm with the real man himself there.






We then drove to Maverick's to check out the spot where all the great big wave surfers have been. I hit the jackpot that day cause on our way to Maverick's I got mixed up in the side streets and ran a stop sign. We got pulled over. Don't you worry I couldn't find my license and our registration was up in September. I was such a mess rummaging through all of our stuff trying to find our info that I think the police officer felt bad so he let us off. Not one ticket. The stop sign ticket alone was $400!!! Then on top of that the driving without a license (left on table in the apartment). Yikes that would have been a hefty price tag to deal with that ticket.

So off to Maverick's we went and walked on the beach. I of course looked for treasure and found some great shells for Vivian. Another tradition is I always collect a couple shells from every beach we go to. I have a pretty awesome collection!!!




We then headed back through Pacifica (the coolest town on the coast EVER) and hit up Golden Gate Park. We strolled around the park while Viv took another not so shabby of a view nap then we went to the Academy of Sciences. Yup we are big kiddos at heart and loved every minute of it. We had been before but couldn't pass up going again and of course had to start Vivian young at her education.





This is what Viv had to say at the end of the day. Aaron and I were just talking on the bed and next thing we know Viv is passed out. So we let her take a cat nap for 15 minutes before we bathed and put to sleep. Stinkin cute right?



Saturday started off with a morning at the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building. The most amazing Farmer's Market ever. Ok so I love SLC market and always compare every FM to that one, but this one is even better I dare say. It is HUGE. Goes all around the Ferry Building, behind it and it is right on the water. There were tons of U fans everywhere and I made a point to yell "GO UTES" to everyone I saw wearing U gear.




It was then off to the U game for us. Aar had to head down early to pick up our new tickets (yup left ours at home so stub hub credited back the money to us and we got even better tickets at more than half the price, will use STUB HUB again in the future after this incident for sure). Vivian and I headed off to the game walking along the piers all the way to ATT park (Where the Giants play). We met up with dad and got ready to cheer for our Utes. They were sad that day, awful in fact and we were sad that Viv saw them playing so poorly. But we had a great time and it was fun being at the park with Viv!!!



We ended the night by walking home along the piers once again that were all lit up and enjoyed the view of the Bay Bridge at night. While we walked Aaron and I held hands and pushed the stroller while we discussed how fortunate we are and how happy we are to have Viv in our lives and how much we love our family!!! It was a great moment for sure.

Sunday 5 am we headed home back to our doggies who were in great care with our friends the Hunt's and the Raver's.

It was the perfect weekend and having Aaron all to ourselves all weekend was amazing. It made me so excited for future vacations as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment