Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hollywood Hike

Today we took our Young Women's group to hike to the Hollywood sign. We actually hiked to above the hike. It was a blast and so much fun to do with our awesome group of girls. It was a nice day in LA with a bit overcast on the way up with some light fog which made it super enjoyable. The sun came out on our way down and along with a couple detours we made it down safely and all together. I was so nervous taking our girls on this as it was the first time I had done something like this with all these girls. And as we know girls are girls and start chatting and they just like to wander a bit, and needless to say I was a tad bit anxious, but everyone made it safely and in one piece with no injuries. Here is some of our group at the top.


Aar joined with along with other spouses and it was nice having him there with me along with our Buddy Buddy Bear oh and don't forget the lil one in the belly. Here I am at 23 weeks. And yes if you wanted to know if I am feeling huge I AM. While I have not gained too much weight I am for sure starting to pop out. Two weeks ago I was in the worst pain of my life, thought I needed to go to the hospital intense pain. The next day I literally was double the size I was the day before in my stomach. I went to Dr to get checked out and it was just stretching pains...actually not JUST stretching pains cause it was intense. I just describe it like someone took a knife and cut open my stomach from my belly button all the way across both sides. My dr said I was going to have some uncomfortable weeks stretching but that hopefully I am part of the lucky people whose stretching pains are more painful than labor. Fingers crossed. I am telling you what it was intense for about a week straight and I am happy to report I only get the pains every now and then rather than all day.


I am loving being active still. And to all those who say I should take it easy and not work out too much I say "um are you remembering I have to push this kiddo out? That takes endurance and strength so I am pretty sure not working out would not be the best idea, but thanks for looking out for me." Really and truly drives me nuts I can't tell you how many times a week someone tells me I should not be working out.

5 comments:

  1. I had those horrible stretching pains too! I think I actually made Chase take me to the doctor :) You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctor always told me the importance of working out while pregnant and always tried to at least walk a couple miles even up to the day I went into labor (9 days overdue). I know it helped me during labor and definitely in my recovery after. You know your body best :)

    You look adorable and amazing,

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked out the entire time I was pregnant. Bike riding at 8 months and lots of walks even when I was over due. It totally helps. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic. People's comments like that drove me bezerko too. Labor is a huge physical effort and frankly, so is recovery. Plus, they have found that cardiovascular workouts for the mom actually benefit the baby cardiovascularly too. So boo to the lame-o's! Seriously, you're so cute and more popped out even that two weeks ago when I saw you!

    ReplyDelete