Friday, December 11, 2009

Really and truly

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I love this time of year. I love everything about it. Yes, while xmas is a bit commercialized and some get really upset about this, I do not care I love it all. I love the lights, the decorations, the sales, the music, the food, the presents, the parties, basically ALL OF IT. I love walking around the streets and shops and just humming along to the music while I look for the perfect gifts to give. Of course while I love all this fun stuff I keep the real meaning of Christmas in mind.

It has been so much fun this last week here in LA. It has gotten to the low 50's which is FREEZING for us in Southern California, I know that will make my Utah readers cringe that I am saying 50's and 40's is freezing. It has rained a bit too. I have turned on my heat a few times this week and have had my holiday candles burning non stop.

I am in the HOLIDAY mood that's for sure.

While I was out and about today I decided I would like to purchase a Menorah. I really think Hanukkah has got to be one of the greatest Holidays and I think that a Menorah would be the perfect addition to my home. When I was younger I had dear friends that are Jewish and I loved going over to their home to celebrate Hanakuhh with them. I am going to be on the hunt this year for the perfect Menorah so when Aaron and I have a family we can celebrate that tradition in lighting the candles on the Menorah and remembering the miracles and story of the holiday.

Of course while for me the holidays are very joyful, exciting and full of love for many they are the opposite. I am so excited to start shopping for those that are not as fortunate as I am and are finding themselves without the comforts of food, clothing, toys, love, peace, etc. There are few things I love more than giving to those in need. I can't wait to give to the individuals I have in mind and be able to see the smiles and gratitude on their faces. I really love just passing love on.

We watched ELF tonight, which is my FAVORITE Christmas movie. I can watch it over and over and laugh just as hard as I did the first time. It is brilliant.

Tomorrow we will be doing some more shopping, a Christmas lunch with friends and will end the evening at the Los Angeles Temple.

I am pretty stoked for the next few weeks and am happy that I am 100% into the holiday mood.

Merry early Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're getting your spunk back. Elf will do that to you. Hope to see you in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elf really is the best. Can't wait to see you so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you. so many people are just not in the mood this year. you are an inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete