Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend away in AZ






Aaron and I headed to Arizona for this past weekend to enjoy some time away. It was a great weekend to head away from Los Angeles, as the fires have been making the air here so nasty. I really wanted to have a nice lil summer monsoon while we were there and my wish was granted Saturday morning. We had a great weekend away with my parents. We hiked Camelback Mountainn 2 times, which is a crazy nice workout. It is the mountain (like a hill when compared to the Wasatch Mountains) that my parents live at the base of. We were able to meet up with the Johnson's who moved to AZ this last year from grad school. It was great to catch up with such great people. We of course spent time in the pool, one of Aaron's favorite things to do. Bear became proficient and retrieving his bumper from the pool and he loved playing fetch to his hearts content. The only problem was on Sunday it was pretty hot, so we found him laying down in our shower to cool off. We went to the Hale theatre in Gilbert and saw a nice local production of She Loves Me, which is the broadway show that You've Got Mail was written from. We took a nice 3 hour nap on Sunday and it felt so great. We didn't come home until the early evening on Monday so we were able to enjoy almost 3 full days in the Valley of the Sun. I always love going home. Now it is back to life again meaning back to work. But I am not feeling too bad for myself since I had Monday off and we leave for Santa Barbara on Friday for a weekend getaway with my family.




3 comments:

  1. sounds fun. i miss az. and camelback. and bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! That is so funny that he went to cool off in the shower :D

    I miss those monsoons! I love the sky in that picture on the mountain!
    Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun weekend. We've got to do Camelback with you guys sometime!

    ReplyDelete