Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's that time of year

We got a problem people...a big one. What is it you may ask. I MISS UTAH. It is official I am going through the usual it is fall time in Utah, but not in California, withdrawals. In Southern California Fall does not really exist. It comes around December. Sept/Oct are actually the warmer months of the year due to the Santa Ana winds. Anyway, so I am missing Utah as a result of this. And the problem is once I start thinking about one thing I miss about Utah the list starts to get super long. I was talking to Aaron tonight and I think the problem is that my heart is still in Utah. It is where I moved after high school and started out with such a rough start in terms of liking Utah. But then I made it my home, grew so much, fell in love and started my life with Aaron there.

So just to rub in my sadness as much as possible I am going to make a list of all the things I miss tonight about Utah.

  1. -Our house
  2. -Bombay House
  3. -Matt, KT, Liam and George
  4. -The crisp fall air
  5. -Sugarhouse Park
  6. -Eggs in the City
  7. -Our neighborhood
  8. -Dilworth elementary park
  9. -Walks through the tree lined streets
  10. -Leaves changing
  11. -BBQing in our back yard
  12. -Playing in the front yard with neighbor kids
  13. -Bikram Sugarhouse studio
  14. -Ash
  15. -Mazza
  16. -Mountains
  17. -Watching the dogs play in the backyard
  18. -The charm
  19. -Aims
  20. -Utah Utes Football
  21. -ARTEC and my friends there
  22. -Snow
(okay not a ton of it, but I do like the change, I know remind me of this if I ever move back)
23. -Cutler's
24. -Great Harvest
25. -Rivers
26. -How close everything is
27. -REI on 33rd


So I know this list seems long and may make it seem that I do not like Los Angeles at all, which is not true at all because I really do love Southern California. It's just the fall is a really hard time to not be in Utah. Luckily me and my girls, Ash and Aims, have a girls trip coming up in Utah in November so I can squeeze some Utahness in to hopefully fill me up.

1 comment:

  1. I love your list and thank you for reminding me to not take Utah for granted this time of year. I'm so, so excited for our trip. Utah misses you bunches. (as do I)

    ReplyDelete