Thursday, September 17, 2009

Santa Barbara with the fam

Last weekend we took a Steenblik vaca up to Santa Barbara. I must say that I had been wanting to go to Santa Barbara ever since we moved to cali and I am so glad we finally made it there. The town of Santa Barbara is just as charming as can be and the scenery is not too shabby either. We stayed in a home that was on top of the hill overlooking all of Santa Barbara and the beach. The location was just perfect and the home was beautiful. We made trips to the beach, the local farmers market, the old Mission, the Natural History Museum, the Pier, and played many of games of Hide and Seek with Liam. It was just great being with the family and I will admit I cried when I got in the car to drive home. Life is stressful right now and our weekend trips are making things more manageable. I am so happy that we were able to do this trip together.









I am so glad we were all able to get together for a few days. I know I say this often after time with my family, but really and truly spending time together is the greatest.
I am so thankful for the family I am a part of.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun. I LOVE SB. It's so gorgeous. Except all the hippies and homeless people. Did you notice that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It sounds wonderful! I bet Liam loved having everyones attention :) He is such a fun little guy! :D

    ReplyDelete