Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yum yum

After our yummy salmon dinner tonight (cooked by aar bear) I made us shepherd's pie casserole for Monday-Tuesday. I love cooking yummy meals and I love cooking two meals on Sunday so our meals are taken care of for the start of the week. My shepherd's pie was different tonight, and no I don't have a recipe... You can blame my parents for that. It has steamed sweet potatoes on one half (chunky not mashed) and steamed yellow potatoes on the other half (chunky not mashed). It's so easy to make and is and healthy. Loaded with ground beef cooked with diced onion, rosemary, thyme with some salt and pepper, then mixed with fresh carrots and green beans lightly steamed (I am not a big fan of mushy vegetables as you can tell). Throw in some beef broth and lil flour to thicken it up and d o n e! I am excited to get home from work tomorrow to eat it, Aaron asked if he could have a second dinner tonight, but I am making him wait.

On the menu for the month so far is (yes I make our meal schedules every month, gives me yummy things to think about all week)
-parmasean chicken
-spaghetti made with spaghetti squash substituting noodles
-lamb
-basil pesto tilapia
-trout with balsamic reduction sauce
-carne asada tacos

Making anything yummy? Let me know as I love a good meal. What are your go to meals? Always looking for ideas.

1 comment: