Monday, January 31, 2011

Sick day=Sew day

Today I took a "sick" day. And am I sick? Nope! But I am sewing and loving it. My mom surprised me with a sewing machine for my birthday and I finally had a moment to while it out. I was so proud of myself because I threaded the needle and got it all set up without help. I did have my mom, aka best sewing teacher ever, teach me all the tricks but I for sure thought I wouldn't rememeber it all on my own. I already made one table cloth this morning and am gonna get a baby blanket completed after I wake up from a nap. Not much is better than taking a sick day when you are not sick!

1 comment:

  1. I just got a sewing machine too, and it took me so long just to figure out how to thread it again :) You should post your finished products, would love to see them! And I know just what you mean, sick days are so great when you're not really sick. I took MANY of them when I was pregnant. The extra sleep was so worth it!

    ReplyDelete