Friday, December 2, 2011

Growing like a weed...a good weed that is


My mom is about to die because I am growing up too fast. Lately she has been doing lots of snuggling with me before naps or before bed and I catch her smelling my head, brushing my hair with her hand over and over and sighing in contentment. I think she is loving having me around this time of year. She can barely stand that pretty soon I will be 6 months old, that's A HALF A YEAR!!! She made my 6 month check up appointment this morning and I think I caught her tear up. At my 4 month check up I was in the 95% for weight and 75% for height. I am trying to get ahead of the game as I am sure I will shorten up pretty soon...have you seen my mom and dad?

Bella and I are pretty good friends these days. Of course Bear and I are friends too, but who isn't friends with Bear. Bella is a different story though, she is picky about who she loves...afterall she is a Bichon. She lets me pet her all the time and she even gives me kisses on my toes (not a surprise if you know how much she and Bear love toes). She is even patient with me when I start to pull her hair in my hands, which she doesn't do for other kids I am told. Don't worry I know I look like a boy sometimes. My mom and dad are still not too big on the bows in my head, but I am thinking as I get older and wear more "outfits" I will start wearing them.

This is how I wake up in the morning. If I am not up yet my mom or dad comes in and starts to wake me up and the first thing I do is smile and start to babble and laugh. My mom and dad are trying to figure out how they got so lucky with a baby that doesn't wake up crying ever, but I just say don't you worry I will make up for it with some other trial at some point. So I let them enjoy my 12 hour a night sleeps followed by happy wake ups so they can have energy to face the hard times ahead whatever I decide they will be...but I assure them they will come no doubt so get ready.

I continue to be the happiest baby you have every met. I have had a few grumpy days recently as I have been battling a sniffle of sorts and will give you a hard time if you feed me and then jostle me around (my reflux does not like it that much.) I had a way cool x ray last week where you could see how bad my reflux is. The Docs continue to be impressed I am so healthy and gaining so well with how bad it is. No food aversions here, I love me some food...mom's milk that is, however a little birdie told me that I may be starting food food this week!!! My mom and dad are very thankful every day for my health.

Mom and I listen to Christmas music EVERYDAY. I laugh when she sings to me.

I love a game of Peek A Boo. It always makes me giggle when mom reappears.

I don't last too long on my tummy anymore, once you put me down I roll right on over and I think it is pretty funny and cool. Right when I get on my back I look up at mom and dad to make sure they were watching my cool trick!!!

While I have been a patient baby I am starting to get a little impatient with wanting to sit up and be upright. I have realized that sitting up is much more comfortable on my tummy, but I am not strong enough yet to do it all on my own. When my mommy took me to the beach the other day I wanted nothing to do with laying down I just wanted to be sitting up checking out the surfers and waves.


2 comments:

  1. She cannot be almost 6 months! She's beautiful and hair bows are overrated anyways.


    Keep growing Vivian!

    ReplyDelete